Category: Process and Informational
Submitted By: Thare
This document proposes the voting protocol for the DAO outlined in SVIP-1. Snapshot.org will be used initially for voting on improvement proposals. Proposals that have followed the respective guidelines and have been approved will be available for voting on Snapshot.
The goal of this proposal is to create voting infrastructure for SuperVerse DAO members to participate in the decision-making of the DAO. That is why Snapshot is proposed as the voting tool for the SuperVerse DAO. The benefits of the proposed voting system are:
- not requiring a gas payment
- ensuring transparency
- expanding governance participation to all SuperVerse DAO members
Without a voting system in place, arriving at a consensus on proposals would be centralized, with only a few people holding decision-making abilities. This proposal aims to avoid this result.
As the ecosystem evolves and expands, a well-defined system is required to gather new community ideas and provide a clear path for these ideas to be approved for implementation. A proposal process is foundational to this system becoming a reality. This proposal outlines a voting tool that seeks to balance the pros and cons of various voting approaches and to hold up the core of the SuperVerse DAO’s guiding values. This voting tool can be found below in the following specifications section.
Assuming SVIP-1 is approved, implement Snapshot as the voting tool for the SuperVerse DAO where:
- Only SuperVerse DAO members may vote
- New SVIPs that meet the required guidelines will be put to a community vote
- The voting opens immediately upon posting and is open for six days
- The voting options for a live SVIP are “In favor” and “Against.” Voting “In favor” means the voter is in favor of implementing the SVIP exactly as-is. Voting “Against” means the vote is against implementing the SVIP exactly as-is — one may vote “Against” to encourage the SVIP Author to resubmit the SVIP after making changes.
- If a live SVIP Vote has not received the minimum engagement of 5% of the circulating supply of $SUPER or at least 60% of the total votes “in favor” of the proposal, it will be designated as “Stalled” and be eligible for Resubmission
- Proposals that are approved by the members of the DAO are implemented by the SuperVerse DAO
- Only SuperVerse admins can post SVIPs to Snapshot because they must ensure that each one has gone through the correct approvals process
Steps to Implement
- Complete setup of the forum platform and settings
- Purchase ENS domain
- Create specific space on Snapshot
- Implement ecosystem-specific voting strategy
- Set administrator addresses
- Set voting rules
- Set restrictions in Snapshot so that only admins can launch proposals
- Open ratification of SVIP-1 and SVIP-2
All steps have been prepared and ready to be implemented
No cost to implement